Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February Getaway!!!



Michael & I were completely blessed with an all paid for trip to the Dominican Republic from one of Michael's customers!!! Since it is such a long plane ride from Boise they had to put us up in a hotel in New York City for a night... Darn it I know:) Michael had never been to NY before so we made the most out of our night there and went to the Empire State Building. It was amazing to be able to see the whole city for miles and miles on end. Michael definitely agrees that it was the best thing we could have done with the little time we had there. It also put a little fire in his pants to go back very soon and spend a lot more time there to explore this amazing city. A second bonus to the night stay in NY was to see my sister-in-law. It was awesome to spend the night with her!


The entrance to the building it was absolutely gorgeous!

6 more floors to go...

A view of the largest Macys ever

more gorgeous views

My lovely sister-in-law.... I miss you!

Our first kiss on the top of the Empire State Building


The next morning, bright and early we were back at the airport waiting for our last flight to our final destination. We got to the DR early afternoon. I was amazing stepping out of the plane into a completely open air airport and the 80+ degree weather. A huge change from Boise, ID but we were definitely not complaining:) We spent the next 4 days laying by the pool, on the beach or snorkeling. It was a much need break from reality:)






















1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh you guys that looks amazing! Those pics from the top of the Empire State Building don't even look real, I can't imagine a city so huge. I'm glad you guys had a nice little break in the warm sunshine, I've really got an itch to go there now...

    ReplyDelete